PDA

View Full Version : I Have Bugs

karybear
12-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Can rice cause bugs? cause i came home from running around doing errands and ect and went into my room and i had like little flying bugs and grasshoppers everywhere!! i hurried up and got the ferrets out of there and threw them in the bathroom and cleaned the cage..and killed all the bugs..my mom said sometimes rice can carry bugs? it better not be because of the rice cause i spent 14bucks on that rice! and the ferrets just love it..i will be so sad

Colleen
12-14-2006, 07:19 PM
I haven't noticed any bugs in my rice box. I hope it's not from yours! I just can't imagine any bugs alive right now since it's Dec., but in the southern states I guess it could happen!

KokosDaddy
12-14-2006, 07:27 PM
No bugs here either, and when we do -its ants. Ants don't like the rice box.... but the cats likes to :shit: in it... lol

Bandie Bear MAMA
12-14-2006, 07:42 PM
:singers: i have no bugs in my rice box but fert poop..someone is pooping in it....but if u think u have bugs in the rice...bag it up and put it in the freezer over nite..i bought bulk rat food and i got bugs so now i put the food in the freezer and kill the bugs.....

karybear
12-14-2006, 07:45 PM
ahhh goood idea..yea i dont know if its from the rice im gonna check tommorow i did find a moth looking thing in the rice and i killed it...i might have to just bag up the rice and throw it in the freezer..do you do this everynight?or just once to kill the bugs?

BadgersMama
12-14-2006, 07:59 PM
I say toss the rice and get more... better than putting bugs in the freezer....ewe, with food! Ah, no thank you! I'll send you $14.00 Kary!

Bandie Bear MAMA
12-14-2006, 08:13 PM
i just do it once thats it...but when u get it out make sure it is warm b4 u give it back to the fur kids....
BM..the bugs die in the bag not in ur freezer...lol..ur funny..i guess u dont allow worms in ur fridge....lol..lol...

Raw Vegan Momma
12-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Oh sorry to hear that. I would just toss it. I've had bugs somehow get into my flax seeds for the life of me I could not figure out how that happened since I stored them in a closed glass jar but they managed to get in. I keep lavender, tea tree, and rosemary in my dry foods pantry. I've been doing that for years. I haven't had a problem since that time. Insects don't like any of those herbs.

Bandie Bear MAMA
12-14-2006, 08:15 PM
Oh sorry to hear that. I would just toss it. I've had bugs somehow get into myflax seeds for the life of me I could not figure out how that happened since I stored them in a closed glass jar but they managed to get in. I keep lavender, tea tree, and rosemary in my dry foods pantry. I've been doing that for years. I haven't had a problem since that time. Insects don't like any of those herbs.
unless the pupae is in the seed grow to the bug and tada bugs....thats why i freeze bulk rat food so i killll them pupie.....

fuzzylover
12-14-2006, 08:22 PM
I say toss the rice and get more... better than putting bugs in the freezer....ewe, with food! Ah, no thank you! I'll send you $14.00 Kary!

If you think the bugs in the freezer is bad, I've one that is way worse. We get people who bring in a fecal sample to have it tested for parasites, and they keep in their frig from the time they collect it, till they have time to bring it into the clinic. Fresh :shit: in your frig, I swear there is no way any of that is going in my frig no matter how well it's wrapped.......ugh, nasty.:no:

JuniorsMommy
12-14-2006, 08:35 PM
I would just toss it too if that is where the bugs came from! I haven't had a problem with bugs in my kids' rice box though......

BadgersMama
12-15-2006, 07:34 AM
i just do it once thats it...but when u get it out make sure it is warm b4 u give it back to the fur kids....
BM..the bugs die in the bag not in ur freezer...lol..ur funny..i guess u dont allow worms in ur fridge....lol..lol...

I understand they die in the bag, but just the thought of having bugs in your freezer .... NAH! And he!! no on putting worms in my fridge... what are you smoking :smoke: ?

LISAR
12-15-2006, 10:01 AM
Sounds like fruit flies. Depending on where the rice was stored before you picked it up-they very well could have come from the rice. Its warm enough in most parts of Arizona to keep them going.
I say toss the rice-even if you did put it in the freezer. It wont kill any eggs lying around and will most likely bring on more bugs. Especially in Arizona-its a desert state. Alot of bugs hang out in the sand without you even noticing.

Wish I had better news for ya.:hammer: :hammer:

Bandie Bear MAMA
12-15-2006, 10:19 AM
I understand they die in the bag, but just the thought of having bugs in your freezer .... NAH! And he!! no on putting worms in my fridge... what are you smoking :smoke: ?
BM im not :smoke: anything..i guess if u grewwwww up with it ...it would not be grosssss...lol ur funny...

BadgersMama
12-15-2006, 10:35 AM
BM im not :smoke: anything..i guess if u grewwwww up with it ...it would not be grosssss...lol ur funny...
LOL - You grew up with bugs in your freezer and worms in your fridge... LOL (sorry had to say it).

Bandie Bear MAMA
12-15-2006, 10:41 AM
LOL - You grew up with bugs in your freezer and worms in your fridge... LOL (sorry had to say it).

:hahaha:no my dad loves fishing so u have to keep the bait fresh some how...at the resort u have to keep leaches in the fridge..

BadgersMama
12-15-2006, 10:58 AM
:hahaha:no my dad loves fishing so u have to keep the bait fresh some how...at the resort u have to keep leaches in the fridge..

I see... my dad loves fishing as well, but my mom wouldn't allow anything like that to go on in our home. Leaches... hmm... I'm at a loss for words! LOL

Bandie Bear MAMA
12-15-2006, 11:01 AM
I see... my dad loves fishing as well, but my mom wouldn't allow anything like that to go on in our home. Leaches... hmm... I'm at a loss for words! LOL

i guessss the outdoors have not gone out of me yet while i live in city...its alllll rite to me..

BadgersMama
12-15-2006, 11:03 AM
i guessss the outdoors have not gone out of me yet while i live in city...its alllll rite to me..
You're a trooper that's for sure. Kudos to you! :applause:

Bandie Bear MAMA
12-15-2006, 11:04 AM
You're a trooper that's for sure. Kudos to you! :applause:
ty ty ty very much...